Ham, salmon, poached egg, zucchini



I am taking instructions from my body right now. More protein, less fast carbohydrates. All the oil I like. No sauce. Water. 

Bummer. No milk. No tea. My two main things. 

Just put away those things and forget about them for now.

I've been watching videos of a Canadian merchant of used things. Sometimes he buys the contents of houses. One such house was a small woman who died. Her family could not even start to approach her hoarding so they sold it without knowing the full contents. 

She was a millionaire somehow. How was never made clear. What is clear is that she spent it all on designer clothing. Decades and decades and decades of designer clothing. The entire house stuffed with clothing sealed up, an early system of organization gone completely out of hand. Nicknacks all over the place. Good ones. The entire house stuffed with notions and incidentals. Way, WAY WAY too much stuff to manage. She ran afoul. Closed herself in. Every single room in the house stuffed to its maximum to utter uselessness. Most all of it very good junk. 

The woman hadn't heard of Goodwill.

Millionaire. Spent it all on herself. Things she could wear. Scents for her body. Decorations for her hair and for her body. Jewelry. Shoes. like nobody's business. Shoes inside matching purses over and over and over. Designer purses over and over and over. Hats. Stoles. Furs. Doubles of most everything. Bizarre boots, doubled, in different colors. Her house is a veritable Tut's tomb of contemporary western fashion. 

Dust covering everything. 

Comments to the video are fascinated. Most are fashion types amazed at the load. All are thrilled with the discovery and fascinated with the woman behind it all. 

My reaction is different from commenters. The more that I saw in each room, the more I disliked its self-involved owner. The less patience I had with her. The pictures of the woman did not affect me. Most all that she had which was considerable went to enhancing her own body in the eyes of other people. Her entire fortune devoted to her self aggrandizement. Tiny woman size six shoe. Spent her whole fortune directly on her own tiny body.

And saved every single thread and button decades beyond its usefulness. Sewing machines and boxes of sewing machine implements all over the house. Antiques. 

Watching these things causes me to clear out my own place. Strip it down to things in use currently. Nothing saved for a decade without being used. 

So that when I die and people go through my things there will be nothing to make a YouTube video about. 

2 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I understand the salmon, egg, ham, and zucchini, but why no tea?

Chip Ahoy said...

Tea challenges kidneys. So does Coke Cola. But I drank one of those.

Blog Archive