Japanese potato salad







Salted. To disabuse its strong oniony nature. Rinsed. Dried.



Salted. To cause it to give up some of its water. Rinsed. Dried.



The recipe calls for ham. I do not like that idea. This pork chop is tough. The pan that fried them is still coated with fond and with liquid. Water is added. All of the water and all of the fond is boiled out and that brief time tenderizes the pork and infuses with all of the frying flavors. This pork is strongly flavored. 

And that is better than cut sandwich ham.






Ochikeron uses corn but I do not. I have corn. On the cob. But I don't want yellow dots right now. I also have broccoli and cabbage. I have a bunch of stuff; spinach, leeks, napa, zucchini, cauliflower, asparagus but I don't want to use them. 

Another video uses hard boiled egg. 

I do not want to deal with all those because my eyes are not bigger than my stomach. 

        "What does that even mean?"

It means you think you can eat it but you cannot. 

That's really a judgement situation not a size situation; eyes vs stomach. But there you go, those Pennsylvania Dutch like poetry.

No comments:

Blog Archive