Macaroni and cheese with ham and jalapeño

 

I started a pizza then realized the dough would take too long and I was starving. So I ate this, it is excellent, hit the spot, and it ruined my appetite for pizza. So the pizza dough went into chill. 

About this, I should probably mention, this is an uncaring approach. Jalapeño first in a dry little pot, then butter and kept at it until the butter turns nutty brown, then dry noodles directly into that and water sufficient to cover the noodles. The noodles swell. Water added to keep the balance at minimum water. Taste-testing along the way a couple of times to get the doneness down right. No guessing. Then switch to adding milk incrimentally to finish the noodles and coat them and cover them excessively wet. The noodles are not drained. They are not coated in butter because they are cooked in browned butter. I used one very good type of cheddar cheese along with American to blend it. This effort was two very good meals. 

Two good meals that delayed getting to the pizza. 

No comments:

Blog Archive