Jazzed up pierogis




Bang. There's the dough, right there.

Although a strong and elastic dough with bread flour and hardened with egg, also softened and tenderized by having its pH jacked by sour cream. 

Leave out the egg as many do and you'll end up with even more tender pierogis. 
















I watched a video of a Cleveland comedian gone into a pierogi shop and was told by the shop's inspiration that pierogis are eaten boiled then the leftovers reheated the next day in a pan. That is why they are fried. The comedian said, "Oh my God, I've been served reheated pierogis my whole life!" 

Me too. 

But only three times. I recall my mother making these only three times. And the first time was with her whole family at Nana's so that one does not really count. So then, only two times. 

Something so splendid available but made only two times. That I know of. 

Why? 

Because they are a major pain in the butt. 

Completely unsuitable for one guy living alone. 

It doesn't even makes sense to bother.

Ew, I must get up and get another one to assuage this food availability anxiety. 

1 comment:

ampersand said...

Merry Christmas Chip. My sister tells me won ton wrappers make a suitable substitute for pierogi dough.

Blog Archive